The Karen Burke Memorial Prize for Graduate Work on Luce Irigaray, June 15th deadline
The Irigaray Circle
Call for Papers: The Karen Burke Memorial Prize
The Irigaray Circle invites submissions for The Karen Burke Memorial Prize. The award recognizes excellent work by a graduate student on or inspired by Luce Irigaray. The winner will present the second annual Karen Burke Memorial Lecture at the 2009 meeting of the Luce Irigaray Circle. We invite papers from all disciplines that engage with any aspect of Irigaray's work, such as:
· Medicine, health, and the body
· Language and literature
· Aesthetics and architecture
· Religion and Spirituality
· Political theory
· Literature, music and the Arts
· Cultural difference
· The history of philosophy
· Sex, gender and sexuality
· All applicants must be enrolled as a graduate students as of June 2009.
· Papers should be between 4,000 and 6,000 words and prepared for anonymous review.
· Applicants should send their papers as an email attachment to sabrina.hom(at)gmail.com in .doc or .rtf format, with the subject line "Burke Prize"
· Papers should be accompanied by an email listing the paper title and the applicant's name, affiliation, and email address.
· Deadline for submissions: June 15, 2009.
The 2009 meeting if the Luce Irigaray Circle will take place from Sept 11-12, 2009 at Stony Brook University, Manhattan Campus.
Please forward to any interested colleagues or students.