The JNZL Prize for New Zealand Literary Studies
The 2009 JNZL Prize for New Zealand Literary Studies
The Journal of New Zealand Literature offers an annual prize for a publication in the area of New Zealand literary studies.
• The prize is available to graduate students, and to emerging scholars who have completed their PhDs within the last three years.
• There is a cash prize.
• The winning entry will be published in JNZL 27 (2009)
• The prize is open internationally.
• Entries will be judged anonymously.
• The adjudicating panel consists of the Editorial Committee and the Editorial Board of JNZL. Judging will be by majority decision.
• The Editorial Committee reserves the right not to award the prize in any given year.
• Non-winning essays may be considered for publication in JNZL in the usual way.
Please submit the following to the address below:
• a copy of the essay
• a brief CV
• a clear indication that the essay is an entry for the prize.
Submissions should be up to 5000 words in length, and should be in MHRA format and may be sent as hard copy or as email attachments, or on disk, in Word or in rtf. For further information please see http://www.waikato.ac.nz/wfass/jnzl/index.shtml
Entries close 30 June 2009
Please send all submissions and enquiries to email@example.com or to
Department of Humanities
University of Waikato
Private Bag 3105