full name / name of organization:
Call for Papers
South Central Modern Language Association (SCMLA)
2009 Conference in Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Deadline Extended: March 27, 2009
The SCMLA rhetoric panel invites proposals (abstracts or full papers) for the 2009 conference to be held in October in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The panel especially encourages submissions addressing and/or interpreting the 2009 “Continuity and Displacements” conference theme, but certainly welcomes submissions on any topic related to rhetoric, including but not limited to political rhetoric, visual/spatial rhetoric, the rhetoric of disability, feminist rhetoric, and new (electronic) media rhetoric. Papers from graduate students are welcome.
Please email 500-word abstracts (as an attached MS Word document) by March 27, 2009, to Michele Lockhart at MLockhart@twu.edu.
Confirmation of receipt will be sent immediately. Notification of acceptance or rejection will be sent no later than April 10, 2009.
For more information about membership in SCMLA or the upcoming Baton Rouge conference, please visit the SCMLA web site at http://www.ou.edu/scmla.
Please note the following eligibility requirements:
• All participants must be SCMLA members by May 22, 2009 to ensure program listing.
• Members of the Executive Committee may deliver papers.
• Regular section chairs may deliver a paper in sections other than their own.
• Regular section secretaries and special session chairs may deliver papers in their own session.
• No individual may deliver more than one paper at any SCMLA meeting.
• Papers may not be read in sessions when panelists do not attend the