cfp The popular in global times (10/11/2009)
CLR Journal (Culture, Language and Representation), ISSN: 1697-7750, seeks contributions for its forthcoming volume to be published, May 2010, on the topic of
The Popular in Global Times
Articles are welcomed that engage with the role of popular culture and the politics of everyday life in shaping new and/or alternative life-styles and cultural spaces in the age of globalization.
Possible suggested topics would include, but are by no means reduced to:
- The phenomenon of narrativization as a powerful device in the establishing and development of the popular.
- Popular strategies of contention, appropriation and subversion regarding globalization.
- The current status of popular culture in relation to emerging digital cultures.
- The popular and youth cultures.
- The popular in the Media, Arts, education, literature, film, linguistics.
Both theoretical and case studies that explore the interface of popular culture and globalization are welcomed.
Please, send two hard copies and a WORD document of your contribution to:
Jose R. Prado (editor)
Dept. Estudis Anglesos
Campus Riu Sec
Articles should not exceed 6000 words; book reviews, 600-1200 words.
Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2009.
For any enquires regarding this Call for Papers, or related issues about the Journal, you may contact the Editors at
or access the Journal webpage at
CLR is currently indexed in ISOC, Latindex, MLA, ABELL.