search the archive
search the archive
Doctoral and Masters Level Dissertation & Unpublished Scholarly Works
full name / name of organization:
ROMAN Books, a new Indian publisher of fiction, literary non-fiction, poetry, literary-criticism and academic books related to literature is interested to publish doctoral or masters level dissertations on any topic related to literature. Unpublished scholarly works, not previously submitted as a dissertation, are also welcome.
ROMAN Books is presently one of the leading publishers of India having its supply chains all over the world including UK, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand. Each title published by ROMAN Books is carefully selected and, after publication, is sent for review to a number of newspapers and journals including The Times Literary Supplement and London Review of Books. Academic books are purchased by major academic libraries of international repute. Utilizing these strong pillars of international connections, ROMAN Books now endeavours to present the academic world the vast and unfathomable storehouse of new contributions to literary knowledge, a majority of which has only been discovered by a confined territory.
All submissions must be in hardcopy – electronically typed and printed on one side of an A4 sized paper with 1.5 line spacing, 12 pt Palatino Linotype font and a minimum of 1” margin on each side. The publisher’s house style is based on MHRA Style format. A Style Manual can be downloaded free of charge here: http://www.mhra.org.uk/Publications/Books/StyleGuide/download.shtml. The issues where the house style is differed from MHRA style are mentioned point-wise—everything else should strictly follow the MHRA Style: (1) Direct quotes should be with double-quotation marks and quote-within-quote should be within single quotation marks. (2) Please use endnotes and NOT footnotes at the end of each chapter. (3) Use a list of bibliography (which will include works cited and other useful references) at the end of the work.
Dissertation can only be accepted for review if a degree has been conferred against it and no portion of it has been published before. All submissions should be accompanied by:
(1) A covering letter.
(2) A certificate on the headed paper of the concerned University or department stating that the University does not hold any right related to the manuscript and it does not have any objection if the manuscript is published. Please contact ROMAN Books if you need any assistance.
(3) A confidential reference (on an official paper) in about 350 words from your supervisor on the quality and uniqueness of the dissertation.
(4) An abstract in about 500 – 800 words.
(5) Author’s short biography in 300 words.
(6) Author’s full contact information including e-mail.
(7) A CV (if possible).
(8) Details of the author’s present institutional affiliation (if any).
(9) The manuscript in MS Word format (any version) in a CD.
Unfortunately, the publisher cannot return the submission in any circumstances.
All submissions should be sent to:
The Executive Editor
Any query is welcome. Please send an E-mail to email@example.com.