"National Identities and Literature: Problems and Possible Answers" & others
Nº 02 > Call for Papers
Call for Papers #02
On June 29th 2009 we are pleased to announce a Call for Papers to be included on the second issue of our Journal 452ºF. This announcement is open to everyone holding a university degree and willing to take part in our recently launched project.
The procedure for the reception and publishing, always subject to the regulation that can be found in the "Evaluation and Peer Review system", "Style-sheet" and "Legal notice" sections, is the following:
- Deadline for paper submission (full text): October 9th 2009, and those received afterwards will not be taken into consideration.
- The number of articles to be published is estimated in 12 to 16. 40% of the articles chosen will be written by doctoral students; while the number of papers written by members of the Editorial board will never exceed a 20% of the articles published.
- All articles will be included, depending on their contents, on the corresponding section of the Journal (monographic or miscellany).
- The monographic topic for the second issue is "National Identities and Literature: Problems and Possible Answers"; this will include 4-6 articles; subtopics of particular relevance (not exclusive) include:
a. constitution of the relation between nation and literature
b. problems of this relation inside the discipline of Comparative Literature
c. Postcolonial Studies and national literatures
d. Literary analysis of texts that problematize / subvert this relation
e. Genealogies of national identities through Literature
The Editorial Board is committed to creating a thematic bibliography on this topic, according to the perspective available in the Monographic section of the website.
- The rest of the articles will be included in the Miscellany section. The contents and approach in these papers must be included inside the margins of Literary Theory and Comparative Literature, but otherwise are unlimited.
- Papers should be sent to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org; the email subject must be clear as to whether the paper qualifies for the Monographic or Miscellany sections of the Journal. It must also include the paper's title and the author's name.
Barcelona, June 29th 2009
452ºF Editorial Board