[UPDATE] iDMAa Conference 2009 Call for Papers--extended deadline
The seventh annual International Digital Media and Arts Association Conference @ the Digital Edge November 5-7, 2009 (http://www.idmaa.org/idmaa2009/) has extended its submission deadline for abstracts (500 words maximum) for presentation and/or discussion about innovations and challenges pushing the edge of digital media and art.
All abstracts will be refereed for acceptance and should:
• Report on the results of creative or research projects that explore new areas of media design, media tools or media education
• Adequately cite related work, to indicate the authors' awareness of the state of the art and the context of the reported project
• Make claims in a clear and concise manner
• Adequately support all claims it makes
• Follow standard academic paper formatting conventions
• Not have been submitted for publication elsewhere
Desired Topics for At the Digital Edge: Innovations and Challenges
• Design for the Future
• Interface Design
• Architectural Digital Innovation
• Social Networks at the Edge
• Art at the Edge
• Animation Innovation
• Innovation in Program Design
• Design at the Edge
• At the Edge in Other Disciplines
• Industry Challenges
• Solving Problems at the Edge
1. Submit your abstract online (https://www.uu.edu/forms/conferences/idmaa07/callforpapers.cfm) as a word document (file should use .doc extension) by September 21th. All authors participating in the conference will have their abstract posted in the online conference proceedings. Abstracts must be formatted according to Chicago Manual of Style.
2. Authors will be notified via email of acceptance by approximately September 25th.
3. Authors should confirm attendance by October 1.
4. To be reviewed for possible publication in The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association, send accepted papers to iDMAa in their final form (word document using your last name in the file name) by November 1.