search the archive
search the archive
Call for Submissions, Florida English 8th Issue: Italian Americana
full name / name of organization:
Florida English Call for Submissions
For the eighth annual issue of Florida English, the editors invite submissions dealing with the theme: Italian-Americana. Ideas for critical articles might include individual literary works by Italian-American authors or directors, films, etc, and the influence of these in shaping genres or the identities of the country at large, communities, or individuals. One might consider the issues of immigration, assimilation, tradition or the loss of tradition, religion, or food.
In addition, Florida English is also looking for original pieces of fiction, poetry, and creative non-fiction that are rooted in Italian-Americana or explore any facet thereof (see ideas above).
The deadline for Receipt of submissions is April 15, 2010.
· Send up to five poems and/or one each: short story, creative nonfiction, or critical essay on both paper and CD (or other electronic format that is not a floppy disk) saved in Microsoft Word or RTF to the appropriate editor (poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, or critical essay) to:
· For all submissions, please include a cover sheet and a brief bio. for the contributor’s page on both paper and electronic format saved in Microsoft Word or RTF with your name, address, phone number, email address, institutional affiliation (if you have one), and the title(s) of your poems, story, nonfiction piece, or essay.
· Because we rely on blind submission judging, do not include your name anywhere on the manuscript.
· Do not send simultaneous submissions or previously published work. We’re serious.
· Follow current MLA guidelines for critical essay submissions and formatting. Please use endnotes instead of footnotes.
· Submissions must arrive by April 15, 2010.
Manuscripts will be recycled; contributors will be notified of acceptance status via email at the completion of the reading period (near the end of August, 2010).
Payment upon publication is one copy of Florida English. Additional copies of current issues may be purchased at a special contributor’s rate of $7.
Florida English is also interested in publishing interviews and book reviews. Anyone interested in having a book reviewed or writing a review or interview should contact one of the editors at the above address (noting “Attn: Review” or “Attn: Interview”) or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com; or firstname.lastname@example.org with “Attn Review” in the subject line so that you can receive the review/interview guidelines.
Florida English: http://www.flacea.org/FLENG/FloridaEnglish1.htm