search the archive
search the archive
Association of Asian Performance - Conference CFP
full name / name of organization:
Association of Asian Performance
Association for Asian Performance 10th Annual Conference
The Association for Asian Performance (AAP) invites submissions for its 10th annual conference in Los Angeles, at the Hyatt Century Plaza Hotel, on
Proposals are invited for papers, panels, workshops and roundtable discussions. The deadline for proposals is March 15th, 2010.
• Proposals for individual papers should include a brief abstract. Individual presentations should be limited to 20 minutes so that there will be time left for questions and discussion. Visual materials (slides, video etc.) are strongly encouraged.
• Panels should be composed of three paper presenters and one discussant or four paper presenters. Proposals for panels should provide a brief statement that explains the session as a whole and the proposed subject of each paper.
• Roundtables offer an opportunity for participants to discuss a specific theme, issue or significant recent publication. A maximum of six active participants is recommended. While a roundtable proposal will not be as detailed as a panel proposal, it should explain fully the session’s purpose, themes or issues and scope.
• Proposals for workshops by performance practitioner(s) with expertise in specific Asian performance traditions are welcomed, particularly workshops that overlap with a panel theme or paper presentation. Workshop proposals should include an abstract explaining methods and goals. Workshops should be designed to run no longer than 80 minutes.
We encourage suggestions for innovative alternatives to the panels, individual papers and roundtables described above.
Proposals should include the following:
1. Title of panel, roundtable or paper.
2. Names of all the presenters, including chair and/or organizer and discussant (for panels and roundtables.) A few biographical sentences about each presenter.
3. Affiliation, specialization (field/region), mailing address, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of al participants.
4. Explanation of the session (for panels, workshops and roundtables); abstract of each panel presentation or each paper.
Proposals should be emailed to the conference organizer, Claudia Orenstein firstname.lastname@example.org
If you need help locating other scholars to participate in a panel or roundtable, please submit a preliminary description of your proposal before February 1 so we can post it on the AAP website. Alternatively, you can post your suggestions for a panel there directly by logging on to the site at:
THE DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSION OF ALL PROPOSALS IS MARCH 15, 2010.
All presenters are expected to join AAP. Membership is $40 per year ($25 for students) and includes a subscription to the Asian Theatre Journal.