Francophone Literatures and Cultures
CIEF Affiliate Session at the RMMLA
October 14-16, 2010
Albuquerque, New Mexico
The Council of International Francophone Studies (CIEF) Affiliate Session, at the 65th Annual Convention of the Rocky Mountain Modern Language Association (RMMLA), is devoted to Francophone Literatures, Cultures, and Film of North America, Africa, and the Caribbean. The RMMLA is a regional subsidiary of the MLA (Modern Language Association).
The RMMLA Convention will be held from October 14-16, 2010, at the Hotel Albuquerque Old Town, Albuquerque, New Mexico. For more information, the Convention website can be accessed at: http://rmmla.wsu.edu/conferences/conf10Albuquerque/default.asp
In 2010, the CIEF affiliate session at the RMMLA is committed to Francophone Literatures and Cultures of North America, Sub-Saharan Africa, North Africa, and the Caribbean. Topics include but are not limited to:
• Sub-Saharan Africa Literature, Culture, and Film
• Colonial and Post-colonial Studies
• African Diaspora
• Maghreb Literature, Culture, and Film
• Creolité, Antillanité
• "Littérature monde" in French
• Feminist theory and women writers
• Beur Literature
• Québécois Studies
• Migrant Literature
• National/Transnational theory
• Oral tradition
• Francophonie and Sustainability
• Literature, History, and Memory
• Relationships of power within the context of social and political violence
• Francophone Experience in North America
Please, submit your abstract for a 15- to 20-minute presentation (in English or French) with title and contact information to Benjamin Ngong, email@example.com, by March 1, 2010. Final selection of abstracts will be made by March 15, 2010.
If you should have any questions, concerns, or inquiries, please do not hesitate to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I look forward to being in touch with you and to receiving your paper submission.
Benjamin Ngong, PhD