Call for Papers: Theatre Arts Journal - Studies in Scenography and Performance (Deadline March 31, 2010)
We are proud to announce the inaugural issue of THEATRE ARTS JOURNAL: STUDIES IN SCENOGRAPHY AND PERFORMANCE (TAJ), a peer-reviewed, open access electronic journal dedicated to investigation of current issues in scenography in performing arts. Please visit our website, http://www.taj.tau.ac.il . We welcome your submissions to our journal.
CALL FOR PAPERS for the Spring 2010 Issue of THEATRE ARTS JOURNAL: STUDIES IN SCENOGRAPHY AND PERFORMANCE
THEATRE ARTS JOURNAL: STUDIES IN SCENOGRAPHY AND PERFORMANCE, published by Tel-Aviv University and the Gordon Craig Society for Theatre Research, is a semi-annual scholarly, peer-reviewed, electronic and open-access journal, devoted to exploring current issues in scenography in performing arts. The journal encourages original scholarly research that examines the visual and audial aspects of performance — performing space, props, costume, lighting and sound design, as well as theatre architecture, masks, puppets, and movement as a sensorial element — and their contribution to the construction of meaning in theatre, dance, opera, multimedia performance, object theatre, contemporary live art, and visual theatre.
THEATRE ARTS JOURNAL invites submissions on the following topics:
● Gordon Craig's legacy: a reassessment
● representation in scenography, within the larger political, social, and aesthetic context, in the past as in the present
● the connections between the various visual arts (painting, drawing, sculpture, architecture, photography, film, computing design, etc.) and the stage in the past and in the present, as well as the formal, conceptual, and epistemological contributions and limitations that such connections entail
● the challenges that stage design has to meet in a fast-moving technological environment that is constantly shaping and reshaping audience perception
● the interaction between the director and the designer and its effects on the performing space, performance, and audience reception
Articles (in English) should be accompanied by an abstract of 150-200 words and a brief curriculum vitae. Manuscripts should be double-spaced and no longer than 12000 words (including endnotes). They should follow the Chicago Manual of Style (15th Edition) and use Microsoft Word 2003 (or later) format for PC. Illustrations in jpg format and short video clips (FLV format, max. 10 minutes) may be included, provided that the author has secured copyright permission. See also http://www.taj.tau.ac.il for Submission Guidelines.
The journal will not consider submissions that have already been published in any other form or language.
Submissions for the Spring 2010 issue should be sent by March 31, 2010 to the Editor, Irene Eynat-Confino, by e-mail attachments for PC (firstname.lastname@example.org).
* In order to ensure fast delivery by regular mail, please send any material, including books for review, by Air Mail to the following address: Theatre Arts Journal, P. O. Box 1157, Ramat-Hasharon 47111, Israel.
Dr. Irene Eynat-Confino, Editor
Theatre Arts Journal: Studies in Scenography and Performance