full name / name of organization:
Francesca Saggini (Universita' della Tuscia)
This issue of EJES aims to engage the variety of European approaches to the study of the house in Anglophone literatures and cultures from the standpoint of contemporaneity.
Submissions are invited from scholars working in the fields of the Anglophone literatures, language, media and culture, including the arts and architecture. Contributors may emphasise theoretical/methodological approaches or textual readings. Invited topics include, but are by no means restricted to, the following:
• the cultural architecture of the house;
• the house and the episteme; the disciplines and discourses of the house;
• thresholds and boundaries of/in the house;
• the house and the nation or peoples; the discourses of the house in post-colonial and transcultural perspectives;
• gendered or classed houses;
• the house and the visual.
Detailed proposals (500-1,000 words) for articles of c.5,000 words, as well as any inquiries regarding this issue, should be sent by e-mail to all the three guest editors:
- Janet Larson at ,
- Francesca Saggini at
- and Anna Enrichetta Soccio .
The complete CFP may be accessed at http://www.essenglish.org/cfp/journals.html#house . The deadline for proposals is 31 October 2010, with delivery of completed essays by 31 March 2011. The issue will appear in 2012.