full name / name of organization:
Centre for New Writing, University of Manchester, UK
Registration is still open for the Contemporary Literature and Its Contexts conference at the University of Manchester.
Highlights of the conference include:
- A public debate about literature and violence featuring Martin Amis, John Gray and Blake Morrison.
- Keynote papers from Prof Peter Boxall (Sussex) and Prof Claire Squires (Stirling)
- A poetry roundtable featuring John McAuliffe, Anthony Caleshu, Conor O'Callaghan and Deryn Rees-Jones.
- A roundtable on the literary industry featuring novelist Nicholas Royle, Will Francis (Greene & Heaton Literary Agents), and Ra Page (Comma Press).
- A roundtable on the 'next big thing, the 2010s', with Dr David James (Nottingham), Dr Jeanette Baxter (Anglia Ruskin), Prof Peter Childs (Gloucester), Dr Sebastian Groes (Roehampton), and Dr Sean Matthews (Nottingham)
- A roundtable on contemporary US street gang memoirs with Luis J. Rodriguez and Barbara Cottman Beenel.
- Panels on topics including: space and travel; technology and literary experiment; style; identity politics; prize culture.
The registration fee for the two-day conference is £70 (faculty/waged) or £35 (student/unwaged).
For more info go to: http://www.arts.manchester.ac.uk/subjectareas/englishamericanstudies/new...