Hwa Kang English Journal No. 17, April 2011--CALL FOR PAPERS
Hwa Kang English Journal is a refereed scholarly journal, published by the Department of English Language and Literature, Chinese Culture University. Founded in 1995, the journal is now issued in April and October. Committed to promoting rigorous research and intellectual dialogue, the journal features articles that cover a wide range of scholarly concerns. We welcome original submissions from domestic and foreign scholars in the fields of literature, linguistics, English teaching, and cultural studies. In addition to articles on research, methodology and criticism, the journal also welcomes book reviews.
1. Submission deadline for the April issue is December 31 and for the October issue is June 30.
2. Manuscripts should be written in English. Papers in the field of literature follow MLA style; papers in the fields of linguistics and English teaching adhere to APA style. Manuscripts must be double-spaced and typeset in 12-point Times New Roman. Notes should appear in the form of footnotes.
3. Manuscripts should be limited to 20 pages in length, inclusive of abstracts; there should be English (250 words maximum) and Chinese abstracts, each with 3 to 6 keywords below.
4. All submissions and correspondence should be transmitted electronically via e-mail. Please submit electronic files of manuscripts (in Microsoft Word) along with the author's data form (available at http://sites.google.com/a/pccu.edu.tw/hkej/call-for-papers) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. All submissions will be reviewed first by the in-house editorial committee. The approved manuscripts will then be evaluated by two anonymous outside reviewers. A referee fee of NT$ 2,000 will be paid for the outside blind review. The editorial committee will make its final decisions based on the comments of the reviewers.
6. There must be no indication of author's personal identity in the manuscript. Any reference to the author's previous works should be in the third person. The author's name and affiliation should appear on a separate sheet.
7. Accepted manuscripts will be returned only as electronic files after galley proofs and revisions are done. If the manuscript cannot be returned on time, it will appear in the next issue.
8. Our journal will not consider for publication manuscripts being simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Revised chapters of M.A. theses or Ph.D. dissertations may be submitted for consideration. The author should indicate that his/her submission is part of his/her degree work in a revised form.
9. Upon acceptance of his/her article for publication, the author is required to sign a copyright agreement form (available at http://sites.google.com/a/pccu.edu.tw/hkej/copyright-agreements).
10. The author will receive one copy of the journal and ten off-prints of the article upon publication.
11. Book reviews should cover books published within the last five years and should be around 2 pages in length. They should include full bibliographical data at the top of the text, as well as the total number of pages in the book.
Phone: 886-2-28610511 ext. 23805 (Ms.Teresa Bi)
Queries may be sent to the following address or by email to email@example.com
Editors, Hwa Kang English Journal
Department of English Language & Literature, Chinese Culture University
55 Hwa Kang Rd, Yangmingshan Taipei 111, Taiwan
For the latest update and other details, please visit the journal website http://sites.google.com/a/pccu.edu.tw/hkej/Home