INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM WWW.World Wide Women Globalization, genders and languages. (abstracts due sept. 15, 2010)
February 10-12, 2011 - Turin (Italy) INTERNATIONAL COLLOQUIUM WWW.World Wide Women Globalization, genders and languages.
The conference, organised by the Research Centre for Women's and Gender Studies (CIRSDe) at the University of Turin (Italy), aims to promote cultural exchanges among researchers interested in the gender perspectives in their work. At the same time, it's an occasion to relaunch the debate on how Women's and Gender studies can be integrated into traditional academic approaches.
The topics we intend to discuss are: globalization, cultural exchanges, transculturality, migrations, languages, economic development and the decline in importance of national boundaries. It will be necessary to adopt a gender perspective and an interdisciplinary approach in discussing these subjects.
The different topics will be analysed in the following parallel sessions:
* From margins to centre. Feminism, Queer Theory and Postcolonial Critique
* Gender and culture in European Cities
* Gender Studies migration in the Francophone area. Approaches, Researches and Feminisms
* Migrant Writings. The North American case
* Migrant Writings. The Italian case
* Migration and care work
* The gender and class impact of the current global crisis
* Violence and women's agency
* Women scientists tracing the future. Development, science, roles
Please click on the link below to check the call for contributions:
Deadline for abstracts submission: September 15, 2010.
The following languages are welcome: Italian, French and English.
Please feel free to forward the call for papers to other institutions or persons interested in these topics.
For more details, please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you and best regards,
CIRSDe - Research Centre for Women's and Gender Studies
Università di Torino
Via S. Ottavio, 20
10124 - Turin