Horror Area: 2011 PCA/ACA National Conference, 20-23 April, 2011
The Horror Area co-chairs of the Popular Culture Association invite interested scholars to submit papers on any aspect of horror in fiction, cinema, television, gaming and culture for the 2011 PCA/ACA National Convention to be held at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter & Riverwalk Hotels in San Antonio, Texas. The conference runs from 20 to 23 April, 2011.
Dr. James Iaccino, The Chicago School of Professional Psychology, Chicago, IL
Dr. Carl Sederholm, Brigham Young University, Provo, UT
Kristopher Woofter, Concordia University, Montréal, QC
If you are interested in being a presenter, please send the following via email:
1) 100-250 word abstract, including title and full contact information (name, institutional mailing address, phone number[s], and email). Please send your proposal as a Word attachment, and paste the text in the body of the email.
2) Notification of any audio-visual needs
3) A current CV
4) Optional at time of proposal, required 2 weeks in advance of the conference date: a completed paper of not more than 15 minutes reading time (about 7 double-spaced pages)
The following panels and roundtables for 2011 may be of interest to you:
Panel Discussion: The Saw films
Panel Discussion: Horror and the Apocalyptic: Disaster, Alienation, Recuperation
Panel Discussion: Horror in the Age of Terror: Reflexivity, Hybridity and Intermediality
Roundtable Discussion: The Powers of Horror by Julia Kristeva
Roundtable Discussion: Horror and Pedagogy
If you would like to propose a panel of 4 speakers, or a roundtable discussion panel of between 4-6 participants, please include the following in a single document:
1) Panel or Roundtable title
2) Name and contact information for the Panel Chair
3) Titles and abstracts of each paper (or topic in the case of a roundtable)
4) CVs and contact information for each presenter
5) A statement of audiovisual needs
Please send all abstracts, papers, and queries to: email@example.com.
The deadline for submission of abstracts and/or papers is December 15, 2010.
PCA/ACA Horror Area webpage: http://www.pcaaca.org/areas/horror.php