Lady Gaga & Dadaism - Call for Submissions - 15 October, 2010
Gaga Stigmata – Critical Writings & Art About Lady Gaga
Special Call for Submissions: Gaga/Dada
The online journal Gaga Stigmata invites submissions of critical and creative pieces that explore Lady Gaga's relationship with Dadaism. We're looking for pieces that examine the ways in which Dadaism influences Gaga's work, and for pieces that analyze how Gaga revises and reframes Dadaist ideas for a 21st century context. That is, how does Gaga at once draw from Dadaism, and/or refigure Dadaism?
To be considered:
• Gaga's art in relation to the work and philosophies of figures such as Hannah Hoch, Hugo Ball, Marcel Duchamp, Max Ernst, Baroness Elsa von Freytag-Lorinhoven, Tristan Tzara, etc.
• Lady Gaga/Jo Calderone in comparison to Duchamp/Rrose Sélavy.
• Art techniques of Dadaism (e.g. readymade, collage, photomontage, assemblage, shock, nonsense) and their influence on and/or reshaping by Gaga's fashion, video, music, concert, and persona.
• Gaga's refiguring of famous Dada pieces
• Dadaism and the Monster
• Dadaism, disgust, and Gaga
• Dada/Gaga is a state of mind
• Anti-Art and Gaga
All critical submissions should exhibit a familiarity with the existing literature on this topic in addition to providing an original take on the subject; please also take note of the general submission guidelines found on our website, http://gagajournal.blogspot.com. All creative pieces should be accompanied by an artistic statement, and should also adhere to the submission guidelines for creative works.
Deadline for submissions: October 15, 2010.
Send all pieces to email@example.com.
All submissions will be considered for publication on our online journal – http://gagajournal.blogspot.com – and in our upcoming book project.
Gaga Stigmata: Critical Writings and Art About Lady Gaga is a new technological journal that takes seriously the project of shock pop phenomenon Lady Gaga. Unlike other critical and creative journals, Gaga Stigmata moves at the speed of pop. It has been featured in media outlets such as Salon, The Huffington Post, Word of Mouth (NHPR), and CBC's Q, among others.
Currently, we are formulating a book of the best works on our website. Please check out http://gagajournal.blogspot.com for more information.