[Update]: CFP: Interdisciplinary Relationship between Science and Art
Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities
www.rupkatha.com, ISSN 0675-2935
Vol 3, No 1, January 2011
Ever since 'art' was separated from 'science', controversies and doubts have baffled human mind as to whether 'art' should at all be viewed as a separate sphere of study and practice, whether or not the two spheres share some common characteristics, whether science and art influence each other, and so on. In the next issue (Vol 3, No 1, January 2011) of Rupkatha Journal on Interdisciplinary Studies in Humanities, we seek to explore the interdisciplinary relationship between science and art. Possible topics for discussions are given below. But we are open to suggestions of inclusion of other relevant topics under the theme.
• Aesthetics of science
• Science of art
• Metatheories of science and art
• Scientific discoveries and inventions and their influence on art
• The function of language in scientific and artistic discourses
• Interpretation of scientific and artistic discourses
• Patterns of scientific and literary discourses
• Interdisciplinarity as a mode of research
• Influence of the digital technology and communication sciences of art and language
• Science fiction as the meeting point of science and art
• Discussion of a particular artist or scientist whose works explore the interdisciplinary connections between science and art
• Discussion of particular scientific or artistic discourse/s (work/s) illustrating/containing the connections
• We would like to feature art-works exploring/displaying interdisciplinary themes/perspective on science and art.
• Reviews of Books on Interdisciplinary connections between science and art (book not older than two years to be reviewed0
• Email: email@example.com
• Please visit http://rupkatha.com/submissionguidelines.php for submission guidelines.
DEADLINE OF SUBMISSION: December 30, 2010.