'Myths, Legends and Folklore': A Two-Day Interdisciplinary Postgraduate Conference, 17-18 May 2011.
'Myths, Legends and Folklore'
Date: 17-18 May 2011
Venue: Cardiff University
Postgraduate students from Cardiff University, in conjunction with the University Graduate College, are issuing a Call for Papers for a two-day interdisciplinary conference on the broad theme of 'Myths, Legends and Folklore'.
The conference organisers welcome proposals for 20-minute papers from postgraduate students and early-stage career academics from any discipline and at any stage of their research.
Suggested topics from any time period might include, but are not limited to:
- Historical and/or literary representations of folkloric culture
- The uses and abuses of popular myths and legends
- Visual and/or musical representation and interpretation of myths and folklore
- Myths, legends and folklore in popular religious belief and practice
- National and international cultural uses of myths and legends
Proposals of up to 250 words in length should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12 noon on 15 March.
Please include your name, level of study, institution and research area.
Further details and registration forms can be obtained from the conference organisers at the above email address.
Those wishing to attend but not present should also register their interest.