The City: 2nd International Conference, May 5 & 6, 2011
Our conference program is filling up, but we do have a few spots open and thus continue to consider proposals.
For further information, please contact Christian Riegel -- email@example.com.
To submit, please use our website process: http://www.interdisciplinarythemes.org/conferences/index.php/C2/C2/sched...
Present your research at our second international conference in the beautiful setting of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada, the 2010 Winter Olympics city. Our venue is Simon Fraser University's Centre for Dialogue at the downtown campus. The first "The City" conference, held in November of 2009, was a magnificent success, including participants from over 15 countries. Conference proceedings can be found in our online journal (see: www.interdisciplinarythemes.org).
Our theme is "The City: Culture, Society, Technology." Meet us in Vancouver on May 5 and 6, 2011.
Papers will be published as Interdisciplinary Themes 3.1 (2011), ISSN 1920-3241, on the interdisciplinarythemes.org website.
We welcome proposals from any disciplinary perspective,as well as those that cross disciplinary boundaries, on the topic of The City: Culture, Society, Technology. Topics might include:
* the city and literature, art or culture
* social perspectives on the city
* cities and crime
* urban space & planning: history, shifts, and trends, or future directions in urban planning and space usage
* cities and leisure
* the city and the garden
* architectural perspectives on cities
* mass transit: history, shifts and trends, or future directions
* mapping cities, including the changes effected by technology
* technology and communication in cities
* virtual cities
* urban living
* the psychology of urban life
* the city and education
* other configurations welcome
Please submit proposals/abstracts for 20-minute papers or for poster presentations through our conference website submission process. We will also accept proposals for three-paper panels. Proposals are reviewed and a response can be expected within 3-5 days of submission.