Call for Papers
In its next issue Arena Romanistica wishes to focus on metropolitan cities. In this post-industrial era, new economies and altered migration patterns have transformed the city. To account for this transformation, the notion of metropolis may help us to rethink the urban as a global, modern and intercultural phenomenon. How do film, literature and language reflect these social and cultural changes?
Possible topics include, but are not limited to, the following:
- urban identities;
- human relations in the global and post-industrial city;
- space and place;
- encounters between the old and the new, between different cultures and languages;
- the suburb;
- dialects and sociolects in metropolises;
- representations of the metropolis in film and literature;
- center and periphery, sprawl and concentration;
- aesthetics and semiotics of the urban space.
We welcome contributions from the field of linguistics, literature, film and cultural studies in both Romance languages and English.
Deadline for submission of papers: 1 June 2011
Stylesheet and submission procedures are available at our website:
For further information: firstname.lastname@example.org