VOLUME 4 KATHERINE MANSFIELD STUDIES
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS FOR VOLUME 4 OF
Katherine Mansfield Studies
(THE PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL OF THE KATHERINE MANSFIELD SOCIETY)
on the theme of
'Katherine Mansfield and the Fantastic'
Submissions are sought on the following:
• Critical articles on the theme of this issue: 'Katherine Mansfield and the Fantastic'
• Creative pieces – poetry and prose with a connection to Katherine Mansfield
• Book reviews with a connection to Katherine Mansfield
This fourth edition of Katherine Mansfield Studies, 'Katherine Mansfield and the Fantastic', will investigate an unexpectedly rich vein within her modernist and experimental prose. The editors welcome submissions that explore the fantastic in Mansfield's work. Suggested topics might include (but are not limited to):
• Literary gothic motifs and tropes including twinning, mirroring, ghosting and metamorphoses in Mansfield's work
• Mansfield developments of fairytale
• Mansfield's exploration and expression/representation of the conscious and unconscious mind
• The grotesque in Mansfield
• Mansfield's work in relation to that of contemporaries such as Charlotte Mew, Jean Rhys, Charlotte Perkins Gilman, Virginia Woolf, May Sarton, Edith Wharton, Henry James and James Joyce, which reveal uses of the fantastic, haunting and the gothic
• Connections with later writers who also use the fantastic, mythic and literary gothic such as New Zealanders Keri Hulme, Janet Frame and Patricia Grace
• Mansfield and the Uncanny
• Mansfield and Postmodernism
The Guest Editor for this Volume will be Professor Gina Wisker from the University of Brighton, together with co-editors Dr Gerri Kimber and Dr Sue Reid.
Submissions of between 5000–7000 words (inclusive of endnotes), should be emailed in Word format to the Guest Editor for this volume:
Professor Gina Wisker: email@example.com
Please also send:
• a 50 word bio-sketch.
• a brief abstract (150 words) summarising your article.
• 5 or 6 keywords.
Pieces of creative writing on the theme of Katherine Mansfield – poetry, short stories (no more than 3000 words), etc, should be sent to the editors, accompanied by a 50 word bio-sketch:
Book reviews of 500-600 words for single books and 900-1200 words for two or more books should be sent to the Reviews Editors, Dr Kathryn Simpson and Dr Melinda Harvey, accompanied by a 50 word bio-sketch: firstname.lastname@example.org
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 1 February 2012
A detailed style guide is available from the Katherine Mansfield Society website: