[UPDATE] Science Fiction Literature and Film deadline EXTENDED: April 15th (RMMLA)
The paper proposal deadline for RMMLA has passed, but one more presenter is needed for the Science Fiction Literature and Film panel. Consider the following topics:
posthumanism, utopia/dystopia, cyberculture, adaptation, postcolonial sci-fi, technology, steam punk, gender, sexuality, apocalypse, othering, ecocriticism, archetypes, the hero's journey, identity, time travel, film & television, etc.
Don't feel limited by the topics above; ALL proposals will be considered. Send abstracts to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 15th.
The 65th annual RMMLA convention will be held from October 6-8, 2011 at the Chaparral Suites Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our local host is Arizona State University.
* There will be 160+ sessions on a variety of topics including (but not limited to) French, Chinese, Japanese, German, Italian, Hungarian, Russian, English-British/US/Canadian?Post-colonial Lit & Film (chronological, thematic, genre and author studies), Classics, Pedagogy, Film Studies, Lit Crit, Technical & Professional Writing, Popular Culture, Gender Studies, Computer-assisted Teaching, Learning & Research, and all manner of general & special topic sessions.
* Paper proposals due by March 1, 2011 to session chair.
* One must be a member and convention registrant of RMMLA to present but anyone can submit a paper proposal.
* No one may present more than one paper at the convention but one may submit a proposal to more than one session chair.
* All session titles, chair contact and RMMLA membership information at www.rmmla.org