[UPDATE] Science Fiction Literature and Film deadline EXTENDED: April 15th (RMMLA)
The paper proposal deadline for RMMLA has passed, but one more presenter is needed for the Science Fiction Literature and Film panel. Consider the following topics relevant to SCIENCE FICTION:
posthumanism, utopia/dystopia, cyberculture, adaptation, postcolonial sci-fi, technology, steam punk, gender, sexuality, apocalypse, othering, ecocriticism, archetypes, the hero's journey, identity, time travel, film & television, etc.
Don't feel limited by the topics above; ALL science fiction proposals will be considered. Send abstracts to email@example.com by April 15th.
The 65th annual RMMLA convention will be held from October 6-8, 2011 at the Chaparral Suites Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona. Our local host is Arizona State University.
* There will be 160+ sessions on a variety of topics including (but not limited to) French, Chinese, Japanese, German, Italian, Hungarian, Russian, English-British/US/Canadian?Post-colonial Lit & Film (chronological, thematic, genre and author studies), Classics, Pedagogy, Film Studies, Lit Crit, Technical & Professional Writing, Popular Culture, Gender Studies, Computer-assisted Teaching, Learning & Research, and all manner of general & special topic sessions.
* Paper proposals due by March 1, 2011 to session chair.
* One must be a member and convention registrant of RMMLA to present but anyone can submit a paper proposal.
* No one may present more than one paper at the convention but one may submit a proposal to more than one session chair.
* All session titles, chair contact and RMMLA membership information at www.rmmla.org