search the archive
search the archive
full name / name of organization:
Infra-Thin Press (www.infrathin.com), a new small autonomous scholarly press, is seeking manuscript submissions. We recently launched our press with the publication of our inaugural title, The Ends of Art and Design by Stuart Kendall (May 2011), and we plan to publish more scholarly and experimental texts at the interstices of philosophy and literature, critical theory and design, philosophy and technology, poetry and visual studies, and selected marginalia in between.
To submit a manuscript for consideration by Infra-Thin Press, please first send us a prospectus for your book (do not send your entire manuscript; we will request your complete manuscript only after a corresponding editor expresses interest in your prospectus). Please note that we specialize in publishing short, succinct texts (no more than 60,000 words) in 5 x 8" (203 x 127mm) perfectly bound paperback format (we suggest that you surf around our website to learn more about the types of titles we publish). We only accept submissions in electronic form as an MS Word email attachment. Please follow the guidelines below and submit to: email@example.com.
Guidelines for Submission
Your prospectus should include the following:
1. Title, authors'/editors' name, affiliations, and a succinct authors'/editors' bio stating your qualifications (a CV where appropriate). In the case of an edited volume of essays by different authors, please include the contributors' affiliations.
2. A two-page description or overview of the book that centers on the book’s subject and how its central theme will be developed. You should also include a table of contents, if available.
3. Information about illustrated material or other special graphic features that might be required.
4. An indication of whether any part of your manuscript has been published previously.
5. Marketing information describing the prospective readership for your book. This should include a list of recently published books that would compete with yours.
6. If the manuscript is not complete, an estimated date of book completion and delivery, along with anticipated total number of words. If already completed, specify the total number of words, including index, references and all other sections.
7. The names of four respected scholars in your field with whom you have no personal or professional relationship. Include their titles, affiliations, e-mail addresses, and/or mailing addresses.
Once we receive your prospectus, we will forward it to the appropriate Editorial Board member. It usually takes 3-4 weeks to review it and bring to the full Editorial Board for a decision whether to pursue your project further.