Call for Chapter Proposals: Multidisciplinary Book on Pratchett's Discworld Series
"Noticing the Slanty Bits: Converging on Discworld" (tentative title)
This volume will provide a variety of scholarly perspectives on Terry Pratchett's Discworld series. Ideally, it will include essays that approach Pratchett's Discworld series, and its adaptations, from a range of fields, such as language and linguistics, literary criticism, political science and law, geography, visual and performance art, popular culture, etc.
We are currently seeking original submissions in the following areas:
• Linguistics (Critical Discourse Analysis, translation theory, corpus studies)
• Literary studies (Genre analysis, fictional geographies, narrative and metanarrative)
• Pop culture (text/fan conventions, marketing)
• Adaptations (visual semiotics, performance studies)
• Political science (Vetinari/Vimes, satire)
Please send 500- to 750-word abstracts to email@example.com, along with brief author bio, by 15 August 2011. We hope to finalize decisions in Sept. 2011. Completed draft manuscripts will be due by 15 March 2012.