Call for Papers: War and Culture. 2021 SW/TX PCA & ACA 33rd Annual Conference in Albuquerque, NM. February 8-11, 2012
Proposals are now being accepted for the War and Culture Area.
Listed below are some suggestions for possible presentations, but topics not included here are also welcome. We invite contributions in the fields of literary and cinema studies, cultural history, and all forms of visual studies that explore…
• The effect of war on culture during conflict and its aftermath.
• The effect of war on the individual soldier during the conflict and when the soldier returns home.
• War memorials.
• War coverage in the news media
• The role of the Internet and social networking in recent conflicts, such as in the Arab Spring.
• The literature of soldiers who become authors both in fiction and non-fiction.
• Literary representations of war (novels, short stories, biographies, autobiographies, non-fiction, etc.)
• Representations of war in popular culture (films, video games, television programs, stage productions, music, etc.)
• And much more...
Inquiries regarding this area may be sent to the email address below. Submit all proposals and/or abstracts of no more than 250 words to our new database at http://conference2012.swtxpca.org. by December 1, 2011. Please include a current curriculum vitae and a working bibliography for your paper.
John G. Stone
The University of Texas at San Antonio
One UTSA Circle
San Antonio, Texas 78249