Collapse and Catastrophe: Spain's Cultural Panorama in the XXI Century
In the last ten years Spain has experienced pivotal changes that have occurred through collapses, catastrophes and re-vindications in the political, social and environmental realms.
This panel seeks to explore various questions, amongst them:
- How have the arts responded to these events?
- How does transatlantic literature react to the events both in Spain and the country of origin?
- How have the Spanish regionalisms acknowledged and re-conceptualized their identity as a result of these events?
- How has immigration been incorporated into Spanish subjectivity?
- How have gender issues, human rights and human trafficking in Spain been incorporated into the cultural landscape?
Ana-Maria Medina (Metropolitan State College of Denver) &
Ibon Izurieta (Metropolitan State College of Denver)
Deadline for Paper Proposals: November 1, 2011.
For more information, contact email@example.com
Please visit: http://acla.org/acla2012/?page_id=144