search the archive
search the archive
"This is the End": Transformations and New Beginnings
full name / name of organization:
Organization of Graduate Students of English-Northern Arizona University
Peaks Interdisciplinary Conference 2012
Rumors of the end of the world have existed for as long as humans have been able to articulate fear. The year 2012 has provided us with yet another instance of this phenomenon. This year’s conference will highlight our ideas about endings, beginnings, and rebirths in all of their various forms. We hope to see visions of Armageddon, conceptualizations of endings or changes in art, media, and culture, and new explorations of beginnings and endings in language studies, education, and the sciences.
February 24th and 25th
We want to be very clear that we are happy to accept papers that do not fit the theme! All submissions are welcome from all disciplines.
Suggested Topics include:
• Endangered languages of the world
• Necessary endings and new beginnings in education
• Representations of Armageddon in media, culture, and art
• Creative writing: Your visions of the future and the past
****Deadline for Submission****
Registration Fee: $10
Please contact OGSE is you have any questions regarding your submission.
The Organization for Graduate Students of English invites you to participate in the 2011 Peaks Conference, which will be held February 23rd, 24th, and 25th at Northern Arizona University in Flagstaff, Arizona. This year’s featured theme is “This is the End”: Transformations and New Beginnings.
We welcome submissions for presentations, panels, roundtables, strands, and pedagogical demonstrations from ALL disciplines, on ALL topics. Your work does not have to fit the theme to be accepted!
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS FOR PAPER AND PANEL PROPOSALS:
1. For individual papers, please submit an abstract (250 words maximum) along with your name, phone number, and email address.
a. Creative Writing submissions please include an abstract plus a 1-2 page excerpt.
2. For panels, please submit
a. A proposal abstract for the panel ( 250 words maximum)
b. A brief description of each individual panelist’s paper (250 words maximum)
3. If your presentation requires any visual media, please note that a computer (not Apple Compatible) is available upon request.
4. Please submit email proposals as Microsoft Word attachment (.doc or .docx), and include the phrase “Peaks Conference abstract submission” in the subject line.
You may submit documents by:
OGSE, Attn: Kristie Elmore-Benefield
Northern Arizona University