Mobile Learning in the Humanities (M-Learning for Tertiary Education) - 15th November
If you would like to discuss your submission please e-mail email@example.com
IJILTH invites papers addressing the connections between mLearning (learning with the aid of mobile phones, portable computers, ubiquitous location-based services etc.) and tertiary education, with special attention to the field of Humanities.
MLearning is becoming a vibrant strand of e-learning, but it is not contained within this field, drawing as it does on numerous disciplines for an understanding of location-based social contexts. Following from the use and impact of ICTs in general and portable technologies in particular, and in close connection with its disciplinary neighbours like CALL, CMC or Distance Learning, mLearning offers challenges to conventional teaching-and-learning practices.
MLearning is becoming a fundamental area for future developments of learning autonomy and independence. Although other topics may be considered, we welcome paper proposals dealing with, but not being limited to, issues such as the following:
1. Theorizing mobile learning within tertiary education.
2. Mobile learning and its disciplinary neighbours.
3. Mobile learning and its potential for blended learning programmes.
4. Portable technologies and their integration within conventional face-to-face tuition practices.
5. Mobile learning devices and virtual platform.
6. The potential of portable technologies for the teaching and learning of 'culture'.
Please send a short abstract as soon as possible to submission(@)ijilth.mobilearn.es.
Although the deadline has officially expired we are still seeking quality contributions.
If accepted, we will require the definitive version of your paper before 15th of November.