MEMORY: IMPRESSIONS, EXPRESSIONS, REFLECTIONS 28-30 MARCH 2012
Please submit a full title and 150-word abstract by 30 November 2011 to Prof. Deirdre Byrne: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Possible topics include, but are not limited to:
• Representations of memory in literature, music, film, popular culture and the visual arts;
• History as collective memory; memory and time;
• The resurgence of suppressed memory;
• Memory of/as trauma
• Memory and/in the body;
• Memory and diaspora;
• The gender of memory/memories of gender;
• Speculative fiction and refraction/s of memory;
• The psychology and neuroscience of memory;
• Spatial memory.