Canadian Disability Studies Association Conference, May 30 - June 1. 2012
CANADIAN DISABILITY STUDIES ASSOCIATION-ASSOCIATION
CANADIENNE DES ÉTUDES SUR L'INCAPACITÉ 9TH ANNUAL CONFERENCE
MAY 30 - JUNE 1, 2012
WILFRID LAURIER UNIVERSITY & THE UNIVERSITY OF WATERLOO
IN CONJUNCTION WITH THE ANNUAL CONGRESS OF THE
CANADIAN FEDERATION FOR THE HUMANITIES AND SOCIAL SCIENCES
CALL FOR PRESENTATION PROPOSALS
In keeping with the theme for the 2012 Congress: "Crossroads: Scholarship for an Uncertain World," CDSA-ACEI invites attendees at its 2012 conference to explore areas of uncertainty, questioning, and contention arising in and from Disability Studies scholarship.
Proposals are invited for papers, workshops, panels and performances relating to any aspect of the conference theme. Possible topics may include, but are not limited to:
• The still-often-uncertain space that Disability Studies occupies in academic
• Tensions between scholarship and advocacy in Disability Studies.
• Efforts and obstacles in defining the nature and the role of Disability Culture and
• Ambiguities and tensions in literary, artistic, and media representations of people
• Future directions for Disability Studies in Canada and beyond,
Check out http://www.cdsa-acei.ca/2012cfp.html for more information.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 4:00PM EST, DECEMBER 2, 2011