Papua New Guinea in Transition Conference - PNG: Securing a Prosperous Future 12 & 13 April 2012
The Alfred Deakin Research Institute and the Hon Mr Richard Marles MP, Parliamentary Secretary for Pacific Island Affairs, invite papers for the second annual conference on Papua New Guinea in Transition. This two-day conference will be held on Thursday 12 and Friday 13 April at Deakin University in Geelong.
Themes will include, but are not restricted to:
• Security – domestic, regional, food, well-being
• Political process, change and the constitution
• Economic planning: from aid to partnerships
• Women in public life
• Religion, culture, kastom
• Land and 'home' in an age of development
• Narrative and the Papua New Guinea story.
Please send abstracts of no more than 200 words to Professor David Lowe at:
email@example.com, or fax +61 3 5227 8650, by 1 December 2011.
This conference is supported by AusAID and the Australian Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade.
Professor David Lowe, Alfred Deakin Research Institute, Deakin University
Dr Nicole Haley, State, Society and Governance in Melanesia Program, Australian National University