[UPDATE] CFP American Studies SW TX PCA/ACA Albuquerque Feb. 8-11, 2012
Call for Papers: American Studies Area
Southwest/Texas Popular Culture and American Culture Association Conference February 8 – 11, 2012
Proposal submission deadline: December 1, 2011
Hyatt Regency Albuquerque
300 Tijeras Avenue NW
Albuquerque, NM 87102
Further conference details are available at http://www.swtxpca.org
Panels are now being formed in the American Studies area. Scholars, researchers, professionals, teachers, graduate students and others interested in this area are encouraged to submit an abstract. Graduate students are especially encouraged and will be assisted in accessing any and all award opportunities the conference and/or associations provide.
American Studies is a broad area and one that MUST be interdisciplinary. While the area is one that should be centered in the cultures of the Americas, especially the United States, a particularly vibrant area of inquiry is increasingly found in the transnational, intra-¬¬national and global considerations of these cultures. Topics offering multiple perspectives in this vein on the American Southwest are especially welcome. Listed below are several possible topics, however, these should not be considered either prescriptive or limiting in regards to your creativity in this area.
• • Domestic Racial and Post-Racial Ideologies
• • The Crisis of Identity in Post-Affluent America
• • The International Metaphor of the Western Frontier
• • 21st-Century Post-¬¬Borderlands
• • American Matrimony After Legal Gay Marriage
• • Intersecting the Bio-political, the Transnational and the Indigenous
• • American Media Post-Murdoch
• • The Role of Comedy/Punditry in American Politics
• • The Trouble with Citizenship: Community, Resistance, Migration
• • World Perspectives on the Obama Presidency
Email 250-¬¬word abstracts for individual presentations or 500-¬¬word abstracts for panel proposals to Area Chair Lisa Haven (English Department, Ohio University Zanesville) at email@example.com or you can submit your proposal directly into the database at http://conference2012.swtxpca.org/. It will have to be submitted there eventually anyway. Upon acceptance, all presenters must register by December 31, 2011.
Area Chair: American Studies firstname.lastname@example.org
Ohio University Zanesville
Visit the website: http://swtxpca.org