NEGOTIATING GENDERED SPACES // TOPOGRAFÍAS DOMÉSTICAS Y GÉNERO. Complutense University of Madrid (Spain), May 16-18, 2012
The Departments of Anglo-American Philology I and II (Linguistics and Literature) wish to announce their 10th International Conference on Women's Studies, and invite you to submit papers on the topics listed below. The Organizing Committee for this conference, featuring national and international speakers, will publish texts selected after peer review for the Women's Studies collection, Vol. VIII.
Organizing Committee: Ana Antón-Pacheco, Isabel Durán, Noelia Hermando, Carmen Méndez, JoAnne Neff, Ana Laura Rodríguez
Themes (suggested, but not limited to):
- Public vs. private spaces
- The home as a metaphor of confinement and lack of freedom / as liberating space in literature and art
- Gender and Architecture: male and /or female spaces
- Identity and domestic topographies
- Feminism and Transnational spaces
- Interpreting and interacting with space
- The language of domesticity; new definitions of the domestic space
- The deconstruction of "home"
- Domestic Violence
Submission guidelines. Write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org , in order to receive the template for submission of proposals. Features that must be included in the template:
- Abstract of 400 to 500 words (bibliography does not count towards this limit). Use the templates provided. Deadline: February 15th 2012.
- Proposals may be sent in Spanish or English
- Formats for sessions: a) 20-minute individual paper; b) Chaired panels with three participants; c) Round tables
• Before April 15th, 2012: 20€ for students- 60 € for Faculty / professionals
• After this date: 25€ for students - 70 € for Faculty / professionals
• Send this form with a copy of the bank statement to: email@example.com
or to Dra. Ana Laura Rodríguez. Dpto. de Filología Inglesa I, Facultad de Filología, Ciudad Universitaria, Madrid 28040 [SPAIN]
Bank transfer / Bank deposit:
Banco Santander Central Hispano (BSCH). Account Number: 0049-2196-08-2194811139.