Screening Identity (Race and Ethnicity) 9th March
The Motley View seeks submissions for an upcoming special edition on the construction/representation/articulation of race and/or ethnicity in film, television, music videos and computer games. Possible topics could include:
• The construction of Black/White/Latino/Asian etc identity in the films of a particular directors
• The representation of Britishness in American Television
• The African-American in the family Sitcom
• Native Americans in the Western genre
• Cultural Identity in MMORPGs
• Middle England in Midsommer Murders
• Soviet Culture in American Film
• Jazz culture in Film Noir
The Motley View is a peer-reviewed, open access journal. For this special issue, we seek articles of approximately 3000-6,000 words. We do not wish to arbitrarily set a fixed style of referencing but we would prefer submissions to be written in the Chicago style, double spaced and in an easily eligible font (like Times Roman etc etc) with footnotes (rather than endnotes).
We are particularly interested in young/graduate/early career academics work as we would love to get your publishing career started (publish or die is a good mantra). We are also similarly interested in those outside the traditional academic routes (artists, dreamers, film-makers, hobos etc)
Any submissions should be sent to us by email in doc. (or docx.) format along with a short synopsis or introduction and three to five tags (words that epitomise the paper's subject like film noir, genre studies, Kant or Aesthetics etc). To submit your article for consideration, or for additional questions, please contact the Journal manager Andew Duckworth at firstname.lastname@example.org.