Special Issue on: "The Role of Environmental Management in Industrial Ecology
Call for Papers
Progress in Industrial Ecology, An International Journal (PIE)
ISSN (Online): 1478-8764 - ISSN (Print): 1476-8917
Special Issue on:
"The Role of Environmental Management in Industrial Ecology"
Guest Editor: Zoe Wong
Sustainable development has evolved into one of the most important strategic issues facing organisations worldwide. Incorporating principles of sustainable development within organisational policies and processes is a critical issue in addressing global environmental problems. Over the period 2009 to 2014, the compound annual growth rate in business spending on sustainability projects will be approximately 19% across all OECD countries (Verdantix,2010). The ongoing industrialization and urbanisation of both the developed and developing world, and the environmental, social and economic impacts that ensue, have led to a greater awareness of the need to re-engineer organisational policies, processes and systems in order to facilitate sustainable development. This special issue is particularly interested in the area of business strategy, environmental management and industrial ecology.
The central focused of this issue is on the role of environmental management in industrial ecology. Within the scope of the special issue, papers including industry case studies and applications, on the following topics but not limited to, are encouraged:
· Organisational, corporate governance, policy, legislation and leadership issues arising from ecologically sustainable development and environmental management
· Business strategy related to sustainable ecological development in industry
· Sustainable development and environmental management in information, technology innovation & adoption
· Sustainable development and environmental management in the value chain (procurement), stakeholder, social network and information systems
· Risk and quality control through sustainability mechanisms
· Use of sustainable development concepts in project management, organisational restructuring and corporate social responsibility
· Measurement, performance and reporting of environmental management
· Sustainable management solutions for ecosystem services; agriculture and the environment; soil and water management; and climate change mitigation and adaptation.
· Sustainable development in education and training
Notes for Prospective Authors
Submitted papers should not have been previously published nor be currently under consideration for publication elsewhere. (N.B. Conference papers may only be submitted if the paper was not originally copyrighted and if it has been completely re-written).
All papers are refereed through a peer review process. A guide for authors, sample copies and other relevant information for submitting papers are available on the Author Guidelines page
Paper Submission: 15 June, 2012
First Round Review Complete and Notification: 15 September, 2012
Second Round Submission: 15 November, 2012
Final Submission: 15 January, 2013
Editor and Notes
You may send one copy in the form of an MS Word file attached to an e-mail (details in Author Guidelines) to the following:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com