Postgraduate Journal of Aesthetics: Special Issue on Philosophy and Literature; 1 August
CALL FOR PAPERS: POSTGRADUATE JOURNAL OF AESTHETICS
SPECIAL ISSUE ON PHILOSOPHY AND LITERATURE
The Postgraduate Journal of Aesthetics invites high quality contributions from postgraduate students for its September 2012 issue (vol. 9 no. 3). Successful contributions will be published alongside an interview with Professor Angela Leighton.
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: 1 August 2012
For this issue, we invite papers on the topic of 'philosophy and literature'. We welcome papers written from diverse perspectives (including analytic, continental and historical ones). Topics covered may include, but are not limited to:
- Expression of philosophical thought in works of literature
- Modernism and post-modernism in philosophy and in literature
- Cognitive value of literature
- Literary authors who were also philosophers
- Philosophical approaches to literature: definition of literature, distinction between 'high' and 'low' literature
- The nature of rhetoric
- The struggle between philosophy and poetry
Submissions should be accessible, concise and have recognisably philosophical content. They should be roughly 3,000 words in length, but not longer than 3,500.
Papers should be submitted by 1 August in Rich Text Format (.rtf) via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with 'PJA submission' in
the subject line, and in a form that is suitable for blind review.
PJA is rare among postgraduate journals in that it is dedicated exclusively postgraduate content, and yet refereed by full time academics. We aim to provide feedback to both successful and unsuccessful submissions.
For more information, visit: www.british-aesthetics.org/pja.aspx