CFP: iDMAa 2012: Fast Forward – perspectives on the future of digital media and arts (#idmaa2012) November 2012, Miami, Florida
The tenth annual International Digital Media and Arts Association Conference, will be held November 8-10, 2012 in Miami, Florida. Commemorating a decade of convergence, this year's conference looks to celebrate iDMAa's rich history of interdisciplinarity, collaboration, communication, and commitment to digital media and arts. iDMAa invites you to share your perspectives on the future of digital media and arts.
We are accepting submissions for presentations and panel proposals until September 7, 2012. To ensure rich dialog and exchange, we ask that presentations conform to 20 slides, 20 seconds per slide format. (See the link on pechu kucha format for more information http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pecha_Kucha). Authors interested in organizing panel discussions will need to submit an abstract and vita for each panel participant.
The conference will include keynote speakers, lively pecha kucha presentations, a juried art exhibition highlighting creative research in interactive media and digital arts, topical discussions focused both on future of digital media in the industry and also evolving pedagogies in academia.
Call for Papers and Projects:
We are interested in all ideas related to the future of digital media and arts. Creative research that demonstrates the convergence of different disciplines, media, cultures, and technologies is particularly encouraged. The conference will contain several tracks of programming that expand on the conference theme in the following areas:
- Digital/interactive literature
- Algorithmic art
- Motion graphic design
- Video game design/theory/research
- Digital humanities
- Novel human-computer interfaces
- History of digital art
- Data visualization
- Digital media and arts pedagogy/curriculum
- Social media
- Online/mobile advertising and marketing
All abstracts will be refereed for acceptance and should report on the results of creative or research projects that explore innovative areas of new media (design, art, tools, education, etc.) and will be posted as is on the conference website.
1. Submit your abstract (maximum 500 words) online (http://www.formstack.com/landing/9100) as a word document by September 7, 2012. Panel proposals should be submitted as one file.
2. All abstracts should follow the formatting conventions found in the latest edition of the Chicago Manual of Style (documentary note).
3. Authors will be notified via email of their submissions' status by approximately September 14.
4. Authors should confirm attendance by October 12.
5. To be reviewed for possible publication in The Journal of the International Digital Media and Arts Association selected conference proceedings, accepted papers of no more than 3500 words must be submitted in their final form (as a word document using your last name in the file name) by December 21. Details forthcoming at http://www.idmaa.org/idmaa2012/.
Click the link below to submit your abstract now.
All conference sessions will take place in Miami, Florida. The conference hotel is the Marriott Courtyard Downtown http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/MIADT-Courtyard-Miami-Downtown. The Miami International Airport (MIA) is served by most major airlines and shuttle or taxi service is available.