Conference of College Teachers of English
CCTE welcomes scholarly papers, creative writing, and panels in literature and language, including linguistics, film, popular culture, rhetoric, composition, ESL, and teaching these areas.
CCTE accepts only submissions that have not been read or published elsewhere.
• E-mail submissions only: Send to the appropriate session chair (see list below) by October 1.
• Timed presentations only: 7-9 double-spaced pages (15-18 minute reading time)
• No multiple submissions.
• Paper submissions: Full versions of conference papers are preferred but 500-word abstracts are accepted for initial consideration.
• Creative submissions: Works in poetry, fiction, and creative non-fiction must be complete when submitted.
• Panel proposals: These must include a full abstract or paper from each panel member. Each abstract or paper will be accepted or rejected individually.
• Blind judging: All abstracts, papers, creative pieces, and panel proposals MUST be submitted with two cover pages: one cover page with the title, presenter's name, academic affiliation (or "Independent Scholar"), mailing address, telephone, and email address; and a second cover page with only the title of the presentation. The actual abstract, paper, creative writing, or panel proposal must be titled but bear NO writer identification on any of its pages.
• Peer reviewed: Papers are reviewed by a panel of three. Those whose papers are accepted will be contacted by email.
• Prizes and publication in CCTE Studies: If their work is accepted for presentation, presenters must pay CCTE dues and register before the conference. Those who also want their work considered for prizes and publication must meet a February 1 deadline for dues, registration, and submission of full papers with release forms. (Publication release forms are sent out with acceptance letters.)
Chairs for the 2013 CCTE Convention Program:
Literature, Film, Popular Culture: Rebecca Balcarcel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Rhetoric, Comp, Tech Writing, Language Studies: Suanna Davis, email@example.com
Creative Writing, Poetry, Fiction, Creative Non-Fiction: Gwen Whitehead, firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: October 1, 2012
February 21-23, 2013
in Abilene, TX
sponsored by Abilene Christian University