Call for Papers: Film (General) Area
Southwest/Texas Popular Culture and American Culture Association
34th Annual Conference February 13-16, 2013
"Celebrating Popular/American Cultures in a Global Context"
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
in Albuquerque, New Mexico
Proposal submission deadline: November 16, 2012
Proposals are now being accepted until November 16, 2012 for the Film (General) Area at the 2013 SW/TX PCA/ACA Conference. We invite you to submit presentations about contemporary and classic film, ranging from critical essays to analyses employing recognized research methodologies. Paper presentations should be 15 to 20 minutes.
For individual presentations, submit a proposal with the following items:
• maximum 250-word abstract, including paper/presentation title;
• current curriculum vitae;
• working bibliography for your paper; and
• contact information (name and email).
All presenters must enter their own information and proposals into the conference database.
Proposals for panels of 3-4 presenters are also welcome.
To propose a panel, submit the following:
• panel title;
• name and email address for the panel chair;
• titles and abstracts of each paper; and
• name and email address for each presenter.
Submit all proposals to http://conference2013.swtxpca.org.
Please see http://www.swtxpca.org/documents/48.html for a list of graduate student awards and requirements.
Film (General) Area Chair
Additional conference information is available at: http://www.swtxpca.org