Call for papers and artworks: artciencia.com, Number 16 (Deadline: 30 September 2012)
artciencia.com, Revista de Arte, Ciência e Comunicação (ISSN 1646 3463) is an open-access, peer-reviewed independent e-journal whose main objective is to promote interdisciplinary studies in Art, Science and Communication Sciences.
We are especially interested in essays and artwork that address the convergence of studies in science, and technology with those in art, or reconsider the encounter of art with specific historical events (i.e. new research in science, technological development, political and social change, etc.).
Possible essays might consider questions of aesthetics or genre, or the impact of critical art studies and scientific studies on practices in art today, as well as the role of theories or the public in interpreting arts.
For the forthcoming issue (No 16) planned for November 2012, the Editors of artciencia.com invite papers (e.g. essay, interview, review, etc.) and artwork (e.g. portfolio) with new approaches to Art, Sciences and Humanities, and Communication Sciences. Subjects might include but are not limited to:
- Art and Science, History and New Media;
- Aesthetics and/or theory in music, cinema, video art, photography, new media, literature, painting and other arts;
- The influence of war and violence on practices of art, science, and communication sciences;
- New approaches to Cultural Studies;
- Humanities: new challenges in the XXI Century.