Language and Linguistic Student Conference - Saturday, November 3, 2012
LANGUAGE & LINGUISTICS STUDENT CONFERENCE
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 3, 2012
UNIVERSITY OF CENTRAL OKLAHOMA
Conference Date: Saturday, November 3, 2012
Submission Deadline: Monday, September 3, 2012
Acceptance Notification: On or before Monday, September 17, 2012
Registration Deadline: Monday, October 1, 2012
We invite submissions from individuals and organized panels of undergraduate and graduate students for 15-minute presentations including, but not limited to, relationships between and among language, linguistics, and their many applications:
• natural and artificial languages
• indigenous languages
• extinct and endangered languages
• American Sign Language
• speech pathology and hearing sciences
• language and cognition
• theoretical and applied linguistics
• structural, semantic, or phonological analyses
• comparative grammars
• discourse/text analyses
• applications in pedagogy
• applications in rhetoric, the arts, literature, and the humanities
• applications in academic, cultural, and sociological constructs
SUBMISSIONS should be sent as an email attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline of Monday, September 3, 2012. Late submissions are not guaranteed consideration for presentation.
• INDIVIDUAL SUBMISSIONS should consist of a titled abstract of no more than 150 words in MS Word format. Please include at the top of the abstract the title of your presentation but no personal identifying information (such as name or institution); however, please include identifying information in the body of the email message.
• PANEL SUBMISSIONS (3-4 PRESENTERS) should be sent as a single MS Word formatted document that contains the following: a 200-word description of the panel's focus (including the panel's title) and a 150-word abstract of each panelist's paper (including each abstract's title). Please note: The panel description and panelist's abstracts should be sent in one email in an attached MS Word formatted document. No personal identifying information (such as name, institution, or presenters' email addresses) should appear on the submission document; however, please include this identifying information in the body of the email message.
PRESENTATIONS may be readings or visual presentations, such as PowerPoint or handouts. Please note: All PowerPoint presentations must be PC compatible. No poster presentations will be accepted. Authors must currently be undergraduate or graduate students who are enrolled in at least three credit hours at an accredited college or university or must have graduated with a degree no earlier than December 2011.
PRESENTERS will receive with their paid registration a ticket to the conference luncheon, an event t-shirt and tote bag, and access to all conference events, including the keynote address.
QUESTIONS regarding abstracts or presentations may be directed to email@example.com. For more information regarding conference events, please visit our conference website at http://www.uco.edu/la/english/llsc/callforpapers.asp