Modernism, Print and the Book
CFP: Modernism, Print, and the Book
10th December 2012
A one‐day symposium on modernist engagements with print, publishing and the book, co‐hosted by The Centre for the History of the Book, University of Edinburgh, and The Scottish National Gallery of Modern Art, and supported by the Arts and Humanities Research Council. The event will conclude with a plenary lecture given by Professor Johanna Drucker.
Proposals are invited for 30‐minute papers.
• Early artists' books
• Individual presses and imprints and networks of small presses
• The politics of publishing and print
• Industrial design and the book in the early Twentieth Century
• Arts and Crafts books
• Innovative typography
• Practices of collecting / libraries
• Transnational publishing in the early Twentieth Century
• Publishing modernist literature
• Poetics of print
• Avant‐garde books
Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to Dr Lisa Otty at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 30th 2012.