search the archive
search the archive
Vol. III. Issue IV (December) 2012 Deadline: 15th November
full name / name of organization:
The Criterion: An International Journal in English
We accept only electronic submissions via e-mail as attached documents (Microsoft word only) which must include Name and country in the body of your submission. Authors are requested to provide their full Bio-data and should not forget to provide information regarding contact details with their e-mail address in the same attachment (do not send more that one attachment).
Format of the articles:
Authors are requested to follow the MLA style strictly while preparing the articles. Authors are also requested to include the following in the format of their articles:
1. Full Title with subtitle, if any. Times New Roman, 14, Bold, (Not all capital letters)
2. An abstract of the article of about 100-150 words.
3. Authors should note that the main body of the text should be prepared in such a way that no formatting is needed afterwards. Heading, sub headings and illustrations should be well incorporated within the main body of the article. Times New Roman, 12, Justified
4. There is no word-limit for articles. But ideally those should be around 5000 words, inclusive Works Cited.
5. All portions of the articles should be single-line spaced.
6. Author should be careful regarding grammatical and typological errors.
7. All essays submitted must be in English for review. Quotations in languages other than English must be accompanied by translations.
Simultaneous submissions are permitted provided the authors inform the editor as soon as the content is accepted elsewhere.
Fiction and Poetry
Our mission is to publish the finest fiction (up to 10,000 words), with special attention to character-driven stories that examine the depths and heights of emotion and motivation from a broad variety of cultural and social perspectives. We are also interested in more experimental narratives as well as well-written flash fiction (1,500 words or less). Surprise us with your writing. There are no restrictions on subjects and themes. For poetry, we aim to publish challenging and engaging works by both established and emerging poets.
-Fiction: Submit one piece at one time.
We allow our authors flexible rights to republish and reproduce and distribute their published contents with third parties anywhere in any format on the following conditions:
1. The authors will inform the Editor-in-Chief about the intended republication or reproduction by third parties by sending a signed letter.
2. The authors will acknowledge credits to The Criterion as the first publisher and include the URL (the original link location) in their works.
Deadlines for submission:
Issue I (March): 15th Feb
Issue II (June): 15th May
Issue III (September): 15th August
Issue IV (December): 15th November
Send your contribution/s to
Editorial Advisory Board’s decision on a typescript will be conveyed within two months from the date of receipt.