Literature: Ecocriticism & The Environment, Feb.13-16, 2013
Call for Papers: Literature: Ecocriticism & Environment
For presentation at the 34th Annual Conference:
Southwest/Texas Popular Culture & American Cultural Association
Celebrating Popular/American Culture(s) in a Global Context
February 13 - 16, 2013 – Albuquerque, New Mexico
Hyatt Regency Hotel & Conference Center
For detailed information please go to: http://www.swtxpca.org including information about monetary awards for best graduated school papers in a variety of areas.
Panels are now being formed for presentations regarding Literature: Ecocriticism and the Environment. Specific areas might include:
*ecocritical approaches to literature
* environmentally-focused artists and their art
* representations of nature and the environment in popular and American culture
* interdisciplinary approaches to the environment by environmental historians, philosophers, geographers, ecologists, governmental agencies, etc.
* environmental/ecocritical pedagogy & environmental education
* environmental discourse in the media
* the environment in film
* environmental issues in the Southwest
* urban environmentalism
* nature writing and its authors
* environmental activism, non-profit, governmental issues, etc.
To submit a proposal, go to http://conference2013.swtxpca.org and enter the proposal into the database. Deadline for submissions is November 16, 2012. Accepted applicants will be notified by email, and must register for the conference by December 31, 2012.