CFP: First Issue ¡Plop! Estudios Pop
¡Plop revista de estudios pop of the Autonomous University of Barcelona invites researchers, teachers and students interested in Cultural Studies and Pop Studies to send their academic articles for its publication in the first issue of the journal in February 2013. This first number will be dedicated to:
• Identity and geography in Spanish and Latin American popular music
Suggested topics but not exclusive:
• National and local identities and subculture.
• Transculturality, music in the margins.
• The function of music as a generator of identities.
• Thematic and social topics in musical scenarios.
• The mythification of identities and spaces.
• Music and peripheral areas.
• Representation of the city.
• Relations between urban spaces and music production.
• Music and Diaspora (Migration and exile).
• New technologies and music in the urban space.
Papers must be presented according to ¡Plop!'s publication and admission procedure. See the second attachment
Deadline: 30 November 2012. Articles received after the deadline this will be discarded for the first number but they may be considered for the continuous section published along the year.