The pornographisation of pop culture - Deadline: November 15, 2012
Artéfact is an online magazine (quarterly) based on our facination of art, reportage and multicultural society. Our purpose is to get people involved in discussing, sharing ideas and showing their point of view.
After a successful launch of Issue 1, The spirit of black music (http://issuu.com/revue-artefact/docs/artefact-1), the central idea of second issue is to explore the pornographisation of pop culture. Fifty billions of euros - the annual turnover of global sex industry is the triple of these of music industry! To catch up, the cultural industry benefits from porn's know-how. As a result, sexualisation is omnipresent in Western society: movies and songs are orgiastic, medias are trivializing pornography and a new generation of hypersexualized Lolita's is born. Whole process is supported by celebrity system. But what is the real impact of this phenomenon on popular culture? Are we sailing towards annihilation of senses and imagination against this exposure? What about the freedom to fantasize?
Wishing to generate a real dialogue on this phenomenon, Artéfact encourages artists and art lovers to submit their essays, photos, drawings and other works dedicated to this theme or another topic. Feel free to look into this topic literally, metaphorically or theoretically.
Get involved and help us to develop our magazine and our website (sections such as cinema, theater, dance, portraits, literature and music). If you would like to become our contributor please find some instructions below:
Send us samples of your work (in French or English) to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadline: November 15, 2012
We're looking for:
• Revievs: (in French and/or English) of 4 000 to 6 000 words, *.rtf or *.doc files,
• Stories (8 000 to 12 000 words), short stories or poems (not longer than 1 500 words)
• Books' reviews: not longer than 5 000 words, spaces included, *.rtf ot *.doc files,
• Photos (*.jpeg) or drawings (*.jpeg, *.doc) in proper display resolution (300 dpi)
Every sample of work should include:
1. complete title and brief presentation of author,
2. short review (100-200 words), billingual if possible,
4. if graphique: permission to use it in Artefact
Your work won't be published if:
• is a coryright theft,
• presents false facts,
• is not precise nor concise,
• includes defamation,
• includes elements of pornography,
• includes elements of hate, racism, sexism or homophoby,
• is advertisement
Authors will be notified by e-mail of the refusal of publication and its reason.