Going against the Grain – Contemporary Approaches to the Study of Language, Literature and Culture, 6-8 June 2013
The Department of English, at the Faculty of Philology, University of Banja Luka (Bosnia and Herzegovina) and the Department of English, De Montfort University (UK) are pleased to announce their first conference on English language and literary studies CELLS: Going against the Grain – Contemporary Approaches to the Study of Language, Literature and Culture.
The aim of the conference is to provide an international forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences across the fields of English language and literary studies, with particular emphasis on cross-disciplinary and interdisciplinary issues raised in the fields of literature, culture, linguistics, translation studies and applied linguistics. Topics might include (but are not limited to):
- contemporary approaches to the study of language, literature and culture;
- traditional vs. new approaches to the study of language, literature and culture;
- the migration of meaning across different languages;
- human universals and cultural/linguistic difference;
- the relationship between meaning, multiplicity of meaning and meaninglessness;
- integration of languacultural and intercultural studies into existing FLT curricula.
The official language of the conference is English.
- Terry Eagleton (Distinguished Professor of English Literature, Lancaster University, UK)
- Geoffrey K. Pullum (Brown University, Visiting Professor of Cognitive, Linguistic and Psychological Sciences & University of Edinburgh, Professor of General Linguistics)
- Andy Mousley (Reader in Critical Theory and Renaissance Literature, De Montfort University, UK)
- László I. Komlósi (Professor of English linguistics, University of Pécs, Hungary and Constantine the Philosopher University Nitra, Slovakia)
SUBMISSION OF ABSTRACTS
Please send an abstract of up to 300 words (MS Word 2003-2007) to the following e-mail address: email@example.com
Abstracts should be anonymous containing only the name of the paper, the body of the abstract and references.
Please send the following information in the body of the e-mail:
(1) Title of the paper
(2) Name of the author(s)
(3) Affiliation of the author (s)
(4) Key words
(5) E-mail address
(6) Bio note (no more than 100 words)
Deadline: 20 December, 2012
Conference website: www.cellsbl.com