Thoreau Society Short-Term Research Fellowships
The Thoreau Society is pleased to announce the second annual Thoreau Society Short-Term Research Fellowships.
Recipients will receive $500 towards travel and research expenses at archives in the Greater-Boston area on Thoreau related projects, as well as free attendance at the Thoreau Society 2013 Annual Gathering held in Concord, MA, in early July. Preference will be given to those candidates who will use the Thoreau Society Collections housed at the Thoreau Institute (described here: http://www.walden.org/Library/The_Library_Collections) for at least part of the fellowship period. Candidates are also encouraged to present their work at the Annual Gathering during or the year after the fellowship period. To apply, candidates should send an email to the Executive Director (Mike.Frederick@thoreausociety.org) with the following attachments:
1) A current curriculum vitae
2) A project proposal approximately 1,000 words in length, including:
• a description of the project;
• a statement explaining the scholarly significance of the project; and
• an indication of the specific archives and collections the applicant wishes to consult.
3) Graduate students only: A letter of recommendation from a faculty member familiar with the student's work and with the project being proposed. (This can be emailed to the Executive Director separately.)
Applications are due January 21, 2013. Awardees will be notified March 4, 2013.
Please contact the Executive Director for more information.